Sunday 4 January 2015

Health and Fitness (Baby Steps)

Today has been a day of knuckling down and getting on with things and I'm quite proud of myself for hitting a few of my mini targets.

I've been taking part in YWA's '30 Days of Yoya' and I'm actually sticking to it (yes - I know it's only day 3 but shh!)


I'm actually starting to get it now! I still is a bit of a (pleasant) stretch but I can actually do downward facing dog without shaking uncontrollably - celebrate the little things! Seriously though, Yoga is something I've always wanted to try and this has made me find time for it. I come of sessions sweaty, a little ache-y (a feeling I have missed since I've stopped dancing regularly) and feeling a little bit better about myself as a person. I am a complete newbie so sometimes it is way too hard and a little intimidating but I cannot wait to continue and being able to do more of this.

Adriene's videos are easy to follow, fun and easily accessible so I would urge you to go out and give it try!  Most of all I love the feeling at the end, complete relaxation and a sense of achievement. I now understand what I've been missing out on.

I'm also on the 3rd day of the '30 Day Plank Challenge' and can now plank for 30 seconds while shaking and cursing a lot inside my head. Considering I used to be able to do this for a minute and 3 seconds it's a bit depressing but definitely a step in the right direction. I'm hoping to get into another challenge when I'm little fitter (read, in about 2 weeks) but as yet I don't know what.

2 unrelated points: 1) I managed to stay within my ProPoints allowance and eat chinese takeaway! 2) I really miss dancing and need to find a few classes now I'm settled into placement.

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment