Friday 2 January 2015

A good start

And so the serious work begins and as I'm writing this quite ache-y I think I've managed it quite well.

The day didn't start too well, I've put on a load of weight over winter and I was sent home from work due to lack of actual work to do (joys of no voice and zero hours contracts) but it got me up and about  so I can't complain too much. I finally went to the doctors and plans have been put into place so I can finally start getting healthy as well as more active. (Although a few more trips to the doctors and perhaps hospital might be needed).

On the French front I'm starting small after taking a few online tests and learning my A language skills have not lasted the 4 years since I was last in the French classroom. So, I've found a cute little app called Duolingo to walk me through the basics (I can't remember my masculine and feminine verbs...) and we'll see where it goes from there.

On the weight loss and fitness front I have been on fire today! I'm 3 points under and have tracked 4 extra activity points! Hopefully I'll bake able to shift some of the pudge quite quickly. I'm loving the yoga but I'm a lot more stiff than I was before, I think a bit more stretching might be in order. I've decided to go for the '30 day plank challenge' also and manage to do the first day fairly comfortably. With the unexpected walk back from the station, the multiple trips to the doctors and the pharmacists, I've managed to walk for about half an hour.

I'm dead proud of myself. Now to see how I'm feeling tomorrow morning. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment